Thursday, July 21, 2011

A new term, 2 new classes!

Today, I logged into my student account to check the classes my department has enrolled me into, Arts and Sciences Capstone and Applied Project Management. As I always do, before the beginning of a new term, I'm researching Applied Project Management. The new term starts Monday, July 24th. I like to have a little previous knowledge of what I'm will be learning before a new class begins. It helps me get excited about the next set of classes. As I transition into a new career, I contemplate how these new skills will fit.

The Arts and Sciences Capstone is going to be interesting, it entails a research project with a few deliverables to be presented at the end of the term. Hopefully, I can get as geeky as I want to be. I have this book entitled, "Seven Languages in Seven Weeks", that I have been peering into for awhile now. If there are no limits on the subject manner, I am committed to get thru this book in 4-5 weeks and crank out awesome paper and PowerPoint presentation for this class.

Certifications are available in Project Management, Web Design and other areas of the Information Technology world. ECPI University, gives it students vouchers to use to obtain certifications while studying for their degrees. I need to take advantage of this before my last official day of attendance, December 18, 2011. Tonight, I've decided to obtain a CIW Web Foundations Associate certification. Hopefully, this will help distinguish myself from the rest of the crowd. Wish me luck!

p.s. I'm tweaking my resume', getting it ready to post....................will probably post tomorrow...........

No comments:

Post a Comment