Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Job Searching......................

Currently, I am a student at ECPI University. As of December 2011, I will have completed a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration, concentrating in Information Technology.

I developed a passion for programming, website development/coding, database modeling, design and developing, researching and writing.

I enjoyed the following classes:

             1) Web Site Design - we learned two sides of web site design, the business side     and the technical side, I enjoyed the technical side the most, I love to hand code webpages. I earned an A in this class. My teacher suggested that I developed my final project website into a live website!

             2) HTML and CSS (all in one class), this was actually my third formal class in html/css, and because I showed a strong proficiency in coding a webpage, the instructor allowed me to study JavaScript (I would have been very bored without JavaScript) - I earned an A in this class too!!

             3) Database Design - This was actually my third class in Database Design. I am very familiar with sql, modeling, designing and developing a database. I earned A's in all classes database related.

             4) This school ensures we, as students learn how to work with others, as a result of this, I have worked with countless groups, in order to complete class projects.  


I also studied Macroeconomics, Financial Management, Accounting, Statistics, Marketing, Change Management and Physics.

I have a few more classes to take. My last official date of classes is December 18, 2011.

I am looking for a job. I want a job in website design, coding, developing or database design, coding or developing. My perfect job will pay me a lucrative salary to develop websites and/or databases.

I consider myself a life-long learner. I enjoy learning new skills. It keeps the brain active. I love learning and studying so much, I am going to earn a Master's Degree. My goal is start my next degree within six months of officially completing the Bachelor's Degree.

I am a dependable worker with an excellent work ethic.

My employment background is heavily customer service related. I have worked with several different types of customers. I have a full understanding of how to meet customers/clients needs - how to diplomatically satisfy the customer.

Some of my other skills are as follows:
          1) Windows 7, XP Professional and XP
          2) Microsoft 2010, 2007, and 2003
          3) Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Access
          4) Dreamweaver, Illustrator and Photoshop (in my html/css and web design class, I used Dreamweaver, Aptana and Notepad++ to hand code my projects)


As the days roll on, I will be making posts to this blog about my experiences related to school and my job search.

If you are interested in hiring me, leave a message with contact info, I will contact you in return. Please serious inquiries only. Our time is precious and I am really looking for my beginning in a new career.
        

p.s. a pet peeve: to surf across a website that is poorly designed, that has broken links, has a poorly chosen color scheme or otherwise looks like someone, with no interest in presenting the company in a professional manner, designed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment